Sunday, August 3, 2008

Food...

I am sure many of you have heard about or have seen the email that's been going around about the food in China. They have pictures of scorpions on a stick, sea horses on a stick, all different types of bugs on a stick....they are not serving the Olympic delegation anything on a stick in the dining hall, just ice cream. Though if you are feeling adventurous there is a night market here that is open 7pm-11pm and they have every imaginable type of food possible. I am not very adventurous when it comes to food as Anthony Bourdain or Andrew Zimmerman...or my team mates Natalie and Cheryl. Never say never, I may surprise you in a post saying I ate something on a stick ! My breakfast choices have been very consistent. A bowl of shredded wheat cereal, a slice of bread with hummus (my new found food that I found out I love !), a slice of cheese, a slice of turkey or salami, a handful of pumpkin seeds, 2 egg whites and cold green tea. Lunch and Dinner varies depending if on if we are eating at BNU (Beijing Normal University, which is Team USA's headquarters) or at the Olympic Village. I will say this, I have had McDonald's twice...just chicken nuggets, no Big Macs for me !!!

No comments: