Saturday, October 25, 2008

U.S. Air Force Academy Football Game

On Thursday this past week myself and 10 other Colorado Olympians were invited to attend an Air Force Academy Football Game. We arrived at 4:00 and sat outside under a tent and signed autographs for about an hour and a half in the cold. I was all bundled up and looked like a marshmallow ! After signing autographs we went to the Blue and Silver Club and had dinner and watched the game inside at the warm box seats ! At half time we walked down to the field where were were recognized and announced to a crowd of 25,000 people. The crowd was very excited that we were there which made it worth it to stand out in the cold that long !
Our end of the table....Mike Blatchford (Track Cycling), Myles Porter (Para-Judo), Myself, Ryan Reser (Judo), Myles friend (Judo), and Taylor Takata (Judo)
"The Bird" and I My good friend Ali Jones, who is amazing....Parlympian in Track Cycling AND down hill skiing, she has a Parlympic Gold Medal from skiing and Silver from Beijing for Track cycling !

Panoramic of the Air Force Academy Football field (Compliments of Mike Blatchford !)

For more information on the event check out this article:

http://www.usolympicteam.com/news/article/7379

2 comments:

AndreaW said...

Hey! So Jeff was totally at this game, and he wanted me to ask you if you were indeed there...and I guess this answers my question (-:
Forgot to tell you that we also ran into some dude in the security line at the COS Airport when we were leaving for Cancun, and he had a USA Weightlifting Jacket on. I can't remember his name but he said that he went to China with you and was with you the whole way.

Talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

Nice story as for me. I'd like to read more about this theme. Thanks for sharing this material.