Saturday, August 9, 2008

Funny Photo, Opening Ceremoines & Mom and Dad

So my uncle sent me this photo of my cousin T.T. (left) and I (right) when we were little kids....he claims that he was the first weightlifter in the family.....to funny !!! My parents arrived here about an hour ago. I arrived at their hotel about 4:15 and sat waiting in the lobby, they arrived at 5:15ish, I was SOOOO excited to see them. They are getting settled in and basically running on adrenaline right now. Opening Ceremonies were AMAZING. I had goose bumps and cried my eyes out almost the entire time Team USA walked our lap on the field. We left the Olympic Village at 5:15 and traveled to the fencing venue. This is where Team USA met President Bush and had photos taken with him. I did get my picture taken with him, but have yet to load it online yet, but it is coming soon! From the fencing venue we went to the main holding arena (which was also the gymnastics venue) for my guess is at least and hour and a half. It was hot....but it was only about to get hotter ! The United States was 140 out of 204 countries, so we had a while to sit and eat food they had provided for us. We marched into the stadium around 11pm I am guessing. Everyone was cheering, clapping and high fiving the members of Team USA. China LOVES Kobe Bryant....they were cheering "KOBE KOBE KOBE !!" Walking into the stadium was a rush, as I said I cried my eyes out. We watched the Olympic flag being brought in and raised and of course the torch lighting. The ceremonies were top notch, just an unbelievable show.....like nothing I have ever experienced in my life. When on the infield I called my husband, best friend, grandmother, another friend and my coaches back home. I wish I could write more about it but there is no way I can put into words the feeling that I felt last night....just amazing !!!!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The opening ceremonies were the best I have EVER seen! I can only imagine how overwhelming it must have been to actually BE there! Good luck! Your country is rooting for you!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your mom & dad arrived safely! I'm sure the Opening Ceremonies will be a highlight of your life for many years to come. Can't wait to see more photos. We did see you walking in; can't believe we were able to spot you.
God bless you; we're praying for you!
Heather & David

Mike And Robin said...

Hi Carissa,
I was your dental hygienist a couple of times at Dr. Sperle's office...
We looked for you at the opening ceremonies last night - We're rooting for you - best of luck to you!!
Robin

Mike And Robin said...

Hi Carissa,
I was your dental hygienist a couple of times at Dr. Sperle's office...
We looked for you at the opening ceremonies last night - We're rooting for you - best of luck to you!!
Robin

Anonymous said...

The Alfords saw you, Cheryl, and Natalie during the Parade of Nations. We were so proud to see athletes we personally knew. Sounds like you guys are being treated first-class. Go USA!

Anonymous said...

The videos that are posted on your page are very interested. Thank you for having such a great sense of athleticism and competing for the USA! I wish you the best!

Sincerely,

Christina

Unknown said...

I saw you for a split second on the opening ceremony on the track!! I know it was for a little bit but it was so exciting to see you on TV in China!!

T.T.