Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thursday....

My workout went well today. It's nice having USA Weightlifting men's team with us training in the weight room and all of us training together. Closing ceremonies is tomorrow and I can not wait !!!
The highlight of my day are the photos below :)
Adam Nelson-USA Track and Field, Shot Put, 2 time Olympic Silver Medalist Though we ate lunch together yesterday we bumped into each other again today. He was just getting out of the cold plunge as I was ready to get in. Adam is a very friendly, happy and funny guy. I would say he is one of my favorite athletes I have met here at the Olympics !

Though I did get to meet Matt Lauer 2 months ago, it was still great to see him again and get a photo with him in Beijing ! He wished me the best of luck and great training....

That's right....Kobe Bryant !!! I was getting a massage when someone sat down next to me, I turned my head to look up and its Kobe ! He said "Hey girl...." he asked what sport I did, and where I was from. He was very nice and asked questions about my sport. He said he used to do the clean and jerk but he's to 'old' now.

You never know who you are going to meet !!!

6 comments:

Jen Williams said...

Hi Carissa

Matt and I want to wish you the best of luck...we are very proud of you!

Jen Williams
Vermont

Anonymous said...

Carissa - Now if anyone asks you, you can say 'YES, I know Kobe!' Very cool who you are getting to meet in Beijing.

Love from the Polakowski's

Unknown said...

Ok, I'm really jealous now. You met Kobe Bryant, that's sweet!!

T.T.

Anonymous said...

Hi Carissa,
You dont know me but i know your Uncle Bob, he works for Iron Mt and i know him from AIG Insurance he delivers our files, He talks about you all the time and he is so proud of you and I just wanted to let you know you have all of our support here in NY. We Wish you the best of luck and Bring home a medal!!!!!
Michele

Anonymous said...

HI RISS,
FOUR MORE HOURS AND DAD AND I ARE ON OUR WAY...YEAH!!!! I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE THAT OUR GIRL IS AN OLYMPIAN AND THAT REAL SOON YOU WILL BE SMILING AWAY REPRESENTING THE USA AT THE OPENING CEREMONY...WOW! WE ALL LOVE YOU AND ARE BEYOND PROUD. SEE YOU REAL SOON NOW...MOM

Anonymous said...

Hi, Carissa --
David & I saw you walking in with the U.S. athletes -- we were looking for familiar faces & were so happy to spot you in the huge crowd of athletes!
Can't wait to see you compete!
Heather George
Colorado Springs