Monday, August 11, 2008

We've come a long way baby !

1999-Junior Competition in New Hampshire, I am Clean and Jerking 75 kg. I can now do 128 kg! In less than 24 hours I will compete. We've been here nearly 2 weeks and I knew this time would come, but I didn't know it was going to come this fast. All of the preparation and hard work are done, now the only thing left is to show what I've gotten from working my tail off.
I am very excited, nervous and anxious. Believe it or not I am much more relaxed than I was the night before the 2008 Olympic Trials, and the 2008 Nationals. I guess because I have made it, and I have nothing to lose and nothing to fear at this point. I am here and that can never be taken away from me. I just need to go out and lift the best that I can.
Tonight I ate the most food I have ever eaten the night before I weigh in. I had white rice,
3 dumplings with veggies and pork, 2 chicken breasts with American cheese and ranch dressing,
a handful of pumpkin seeds (also a new found discovery in the Olympic Village dining hall that I like just like hummus!)and............an ICE CREAM BAR !!! I do not think I have ever had ice cream the night before I have lifted because my weight has always been to close to chance eating to much and not making weight. No fear, I checked my weight after eating and I will weigh in just fine tomorrow.
I will post my results sometime tomorrow evening to let everyone know how I have done. Also, I will not be leaving until August 17th, so I will keep posting photos and writing to let everyone know how the rest of my Olympic experience is going.

No comments: