Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Community Support

Two weeks ago I was given the opportunity to be apart of "Movie Night at America the Beautiful Park" here in Colorado Springs. A group of 20 or so Olympic athletes were recognized and the group was presented with a banner from the Mayor of Colorado Springs (that's him in the picture !) on behalf of the citizens of the city. We sat for 2 hours signing autographs on posters, t-shirts and even Home Depot smocks. I loved meeting so many people that have the Olympic Spirit ! Colorado Springs is a city that loves the Olympics and their Olympians. They are a huge support and we are very lucky to have such a great community to live and train in. One little boy came up to me and asked me if I rode to the park in a limo. I responded and told him no. He then asked, "Do you drive a Lamborghini ?" I said no again. He couldn't believe that the group of Olympians there did not ride in a limo and I did not have a Lamborghini. I told him I drove a Honda and he replied, "Well that's not very fancy for an Olympian !" I thought it was pretty funny and got a kick out of it !

No comments: