Monday, July 28, 2008

A quick run down !

July 26/27 Early the Saturday morning 100 members of Team USA left San Jose and flew out of San Francisco for a 12 hour flight to Beijing. The flight was surprisingly well and we arrived in Beijing feeling only a little tired. We arrived in the Olympic Village at 5pm on Sunday. The village is absolutely amazing. The buildings are all brand new, the landscaping is beautiful and there is every possible thing you could think of here. It is a small city within a city. The dining area has many different foods to choose from including a 24 Hour McDonald's ! July 28 I slept 9 hard hours last night. I woke feeling rested and ready to go. The jet lag was honestly not as bad as I had anticipated. Around 9am my three team mates and I went to the dining hall and had a great breakfast and then caught a bus to travel to the 24 Hour Fitness Olympic Training Facility at Beijing Normal University. My training went better than I even anticipated considering our travels the last two days. We trained at 11am and 3pm with lunch in between at the Team USA dining facility (which was amazing !) at Beijing Normal University followed by a quick 10 minute cold plunge to help recover from the previous workout. My team mates and I traveled back to the Olympic Village for dinner and a few hours of card games.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who would have guessed that all those years ago the strength of shooting baby powder at T.T. would develop into the strength for an Olympian weightlifter!!! We're SO proud of you Rissy, as everyone here in Hollidaysburg,Pa can tell you!!! You have MANY fans here!! You're awesome!!

Love,
Aunt Sue & Uncle Bill

Anonymous said...

Who would have guessed that all those years ago the strength of shooting baby powder at T.T. would develop into the strength for an Olympian weightlifter!!! We're SO proud of you Rissy, as everyone here in Hollidaysburg,Pa can tell you!!! You have MANY fans here!! You're awesome!!

Love,
Aunt Sue & Uncle Bill

Chris said...

Hi Rissa!

It's Mr. Beattie (here in Vermont). Mrs. Pol pointed me to your blog and I wanted to take a moment to let you know how great it is to see you doing so well in your life! It seems only a few days ago I was in the weight room with you Seth, Shane, and Coach Pol!

Best of luck!

KatieThrush said...

Good luck Carissa and I hope all of you enjoy this amazing experience and have fun..